- This event has passed.
Sour, Funk & Wild Beer & Food Festival – July 2023
22 July @ 11:30 am - 9:30 pm
ALL INCLUSIVE TICKETS!
Tickets include 60mL tasters of all 44 festival beers
In a much-anticipated return, Blobfish Beer Festival is back at North Melbourne’s iconic Meat Market.
Like the Blobfish itself, sour, funky and wild beers emerge from the depths of the beer scene – intriguing, slightly obscure, somewhat unknown but always exciting. Get set to sip a diverse range of sours, saisons, barrel-aged brews, fruity concoctions and rare small-batch runs from 22 breweries across Australia and New Zealand.
Tickets include 60mL tasters of all 44 festival beers from all 22 breweries, a Blobfish branded festival glass and a festival tasting guide.
WHAT TO EXPECT
As well as a sour beer extravaganza, the festival will feature:
- Rattenhund Bar – chill out and sip palate cleansers
- Natural Wine, Mezcal & Cocktail Bar – curated by one of Footscray’s favourite bars, Mr West
- Entertainment – DJs spinning tracks to keep the vibe
- Carwyn Cellars – Get yourself some takeaways at the bottle shop
- Pie Thief – arguably Melbourne’s favourite pies (including vegan and vegetarian options)
- Oyster Bar – Two buck shuck!
- Dingo Ate My Taco – The taco’s you’ve been waiting for!
- Smokestack BBQ – American style bbq with a ‘wild’ twist
Beerfarm – BentSpoke Brewing Co – Black Arts Brewers and Blenders – Boatrocket Brewers & Distillers – Bridge Road Brewers – Deeds Brewing – Felons Brewing Co – Garage Project – Ida Pruul – La Sirène Brewing – Ministry of Beer – Molly Rose Brewing Co – Rocky Ridge Brewing Co – Sailors Grave Brewing – Site Fermentation Project – Slow Lane Brewing – Sobremesa Fermentary & Blendary – Stomping Ground Brewing Co – The Barrel Farm – Van Dieman Brewing – Wildflower Brewing & Blending
HOW DO I GET THERE?
Tram 19 – Alight at Haymarket (stop #9)
Trams 58 and 59 – Alight at Royal Melbourne Hospital (stop #14)
Flagstaff Station – 15 minute walk
Melbourne Central Station – 15 minute walk
North Melbourne Station – 20 minute walk
Bus 402 – Courtney/Wreckyn St stop
Bus 401 and 403 – Royal Melbourne Hospital stop
Meat Market recommends utilising public transport options when visiting the venue. We have no public parking available on site. The surrounding area has limited permit, metered and timed on-street parking. Nearby hospitals have limited parking available for a fee
WHAT DO I BRING?
- Please bring a copy of your ticket, either printed or on your mobile to show at the entry
- The festival is strictly 18+ only, so please bring proof of age
Thank you to our partners & sponsors.