- This event has passed.
The Ultimate Sri Lankan Street Food Experience
7 September, 2018 @ 5:30 pm - 11:00 pm
Join us for the ultimate Sri Lankan street food experience @ 107 Flinders Lane CBD this week on Friday & Saturday from 5.30 pm.
We picked top 10 Sri Lankan street food items for you. Here are ours and let us know your favourites on the day
1. Hopper- #unique, simple, crispy pancake, such an art to make everyone’s favourite… that’s why it’s number one on our list
2. Kottu Rotti- “taka taka” is the beating sound of hot iron with mixed vegetables, pieces of roti & egg mixed together with curry sauce
3. Pan rolls – deep fried, stuffed croquettes. can’t say no to this little snack
4. Sautéed Chickpeas – chickpeas with onions, curry leaves, spices and freshly grated coconut ( beer 🍺 snack)
5. String Hoppers (idiappa) – made out of Rice flour into a thin round shaped noodles … served with Coconut sambol and lentil curry to compliment the dish
6. Coconut Roti – Freshly grated coconut, flour, onion, green chillies and curry leaves mixed to create a crusty flat bread ( traditionally served with Lunu miris = chilli salsa)
7. Rice & Curry
8. Milk Rice ( kiribath) – complimented by Sour fish fillet and Lunu miris
9. Imagine “YUM “ Watalappam – kithul jaggery, cardamom, cloves spiced coconut custard
10. Kiri Pani = very traditional country style yoghurt served with kithul palm syrup
Bookings essential : call 03 9650 6966 or message via Lankan Feast