1.Information on how to enter and prizes form part of the Terms and Conditions. Entry into this competition deems acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
2.To the extent of any inconsistency between these Terms and Conditions and any other reference to this competition, these Terms and Conditions prevail.
Who can enter
- Entry is open to all residents of Australia except employees and immediate families of the Promoter, associated companies and agencies and participating outlets. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex spouse, defacto spouse, child or step child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step parent, grandparent, step grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step brother, step sister or 1st cousin. The Promoter is Arts Centre Melbourne, 100 St Kilda Rd, Melbourne, VIC, 3004 (ABN 83 295 983 059). The participating Agency is Melbourne Food Festivals, PO Box 2469, Narre Warren, VIC, 3805 (ABN 86 613 038 921)
- All entrants may enter as many times as they like but only one prize will be awarded.
- All entrants under the age of 18 must obtain the prior permission of their legal parent or guardian over the age of 18 to enter. The parent or guardian may be called to verify consent and maybe required to sign a release at the discretion of the Promoter. The release will also require the winner’s parent or guardian to accept responsibility for the acts and forbearances of the winner. The release must include the full name, address and telephone number of the winner’s legal guardian. Failure to provide such proof, particulars or releases will immediately invalidate the winner’s entitlement to the prize, subject to State and Territory legislation.
How to enter
- The Competition may be entered by submitting in 25-words-or-less, an original answer to the question posed at http://melbournefoodfestivals.com.au/asia-topa-festival-2017-parvathy-baul-performance/
- Entries must include all requested contact details and a 25-words-or-less answer to be eligible to win. Each entry must be unique and received by the Promoter prior to the competition close date and time.
When to enter
- The competition commences on 19/02/17 at 23:59 AEDT and closes on 24/02/17 at 17:00 AEDT. The winner will be the best valid entry as judged by the judging panel, having regard to skill, creativity and originality, at the Agency’s premises on 24/02/17 at 20:00 AEST. The Promoter may select additional entries to be used as replacements in the event that the first entrant chosen as a winner cannot satisfy these Terms and Conditions or take the prize.
- The winner will be notified by email and phone, and announced 24/02/17 at www.melbournefoodfestivals.com.au
- The Prize is to be collected at the Arts Centre Melbourne on 25/02/17 prior to entering the event. Valid ID will be required as proof of identification.
Prize on offer
- Total prize value is up to $50 (2 x tickets at $25). The winner will receive 2 tickets to the abovementioned event. The event runs 25/02/17, 13:00-18:00 AEDT
- The prize tickets cannot be exchanged, or redeemed for cash.
- If the Promoter is unable to contact the winner to claim fulfillment of the promotional prize or if the winner is unable to attend any element of the prize, that winner will forfeit the prize in its entirety and it shall be awarded to the next runner up in the promotion. The
Promoter will not be liable for a winner who cannot be contacted and therefore forfeits their prize and no correspondence will be entered into.
Further Terms and Conditions
- The Promoter reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions if this competition cannot be run as originally planned. The Promoter may also cancel or suspend this competition if an event beyond the control of the Promoter corrupts or affect the administration security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this competition. The Promoter will disqualify any individual who has tampered with the entry process or any other aspect of this competition.
- The Promoter and their associated agencies and companies will not be liable or responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, technical problems of the phone or of any phone network, or any misadventure, accident, injury, loss (including but not limited to consequential loss) or claim that may occur; whilst undertaking any travel won on or connected with their entry; in the participation in any prize; as a consequence of late, lost or misdirected mail, email SMS or phone call; due to the broadcast of any program relating to the competition or the publication of any material, including any statements made by any compere, staff member, journalist, other entrants or any other person; any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer software or phone; or any combination thereof, related to or resulting from participation or sending or receiving of any communication or of any materials in this competition.
- All entrants must submit ONLY their own original answers, designs and works. Any such answers, designs or works cannot be previously published in any forum worldwide. All entries become the property of the Promoter and cannot be returned. Entries that are found to have been derived from the designs of a third party will be considered invalid and, if awarded a prize, that prize must be returned to the Promoter. The winner may be required to sign a statutory declaration regarding the originality of the entry. Without limiting the generality, the Promoter reserves the right to take legal action against anyone found to have breached this term. The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these conditions, or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the promotion. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation are reserved.
- Any entrant found to have (a) used any form of software or third party application to enter multiple times (including scripting software), (b) used a third party (including online competition entry site) to enter on their behalf or (c) entered incorrect contact details, including incorrect email contact details, will have all entries invalidated and any claim to the Prize will be invalidated. If such an entrant is awarded the Prize and then found to have breached this clause, the entrant must immediately return the Prize to the Promoter. The Promoter has sole discretion to determine if this clause has been breached by any entrant. The Promoter reserves the right to request whatever documentation it deems necessary to confirm if the entrant has breached this clause. An entrant must provide any requested documentation to the Promoter upon request. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
- If the prize (or an element of the prize) is unavailable, for whatever reason, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize (or an element of the prize) for a prize of equal or greater value, subject to State Regulation. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner must comply with all the conditions of use of the prize and prize supplier’s requirements. Each prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to use the prize as stated.
- The Promoter reserves the right to rejudge in the event of an entrant, claiming to be a winner, being unable to satisfy these Terms and Conditions.
- The judges’ decision in relation to any aspect of the competition is final and binding on each person who enters. Chance plays no part in determining any winner. No correspondence will be entered into. No responsibility is accepted for late, lost or misdirected entries. Prizes are subject to availability, not transferable or exchangeable and, with the exception of cash prizes, cannot be taken as cash. The Prize will be available for collection at the Arts Centre Melbourne prior to the event on 25/02/17. The Promoter and their associated agencies, and companies associated with this promotion will take no responsibility for prizes damaged or lost in transit. Copyright, Statutory guarantees, Waiver and liability.
- In participating in the prizes, the winners agree to participate and co-operate as required in all editorial activities relating to the Competition, including but not limited to being interviewed and photographed. The winners (and their companions) agree to granting the promoter a perpetual and non-exclusive licence to use such footage and photographs in all media worldwide, including online social networking sites, and the winners (and their companions) will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limit, exclude or modify or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth), as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the State and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
- Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or Entrant; or (f) use of a prize.